Skip to main content

Bright & Colorful Living Room E-Design

Recently, I completed this warm and colorful E-Design Package for a client.
As with all my E-Design Packages, the process begins with the client filling out an online questionnaire and emailing pictures and measurements of their space.
If you are interested in more detail on how this process works, check out this blog post and visit my website.

My client already had her major pieces of furniture in her living room. She just needed accessories, art, window treatments and accent tables to complete the space. She also needed help selecting paint colors.  Below are all the 'mood boards' that I emailed my client.


This mood board basically shows all the art, accent pieces, pillows, lighting, rug, and drapery panels that I suggested for her living room.

Below shows what I suggested for her kitchen.  Her kitchen was mostly cabinetry so not a lot was needed.  I suggested a rug, a pretty colorful vase with flowers for the island, and some small art pieces to go above the back splash and under the cabinetry.


Her entry is very small with little space for decor. However, I did want to suggest a few things to make a statement as you enter her apartment. I suggested a bright patterned rug and large artwork to give this area some personality.  I also suggested painting the main wall a beautiful blue color.


Below, spells out for my client where to place the suggested art.


This shows how I would arrange the pillows on her sofa and chair that she already owns.  (Hey, pillows are important, right?!!!)  I also specified how many and what size to order.


This shows how I would arrange the area/wall where her t.v. is.  My client had a dark media unit, and I suggested a painted jade media unit and painting the wall an accent color to give this area some interest.  She had a floor lamp next to the media unit, and I suggested two pretty antique brass wall lamps to go on each side of the t.v. that I think make a much prettier and sophisticated presentation. 

This shows my client two different ways she could accessorize her new cocktail table.

The E-Design package also included a price/source list and additional notes to help my client successfully complete the space. 

Once my client received her E-Design package, she emailed me back saying this:

"MELISSA!!  I am so excited and so totally in LOVE with the design!  I want to start shopping!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  I have a few more hours of work ahead of me but cannot wait to deep dive into everything this evening.  How wonderful!  Thank you!"

--------------------------------

 If you would like some help decorating your home visit my website!

Comments

  1. Hello! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
    Houston Interior Designer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Accessorize an End Table or Nightstand

Stuck on how to accessorize an end table or nightstand?  There are so many ways to style/accessorize a table, and really there are no rules. However, if you aren't sure where to begin below is a list of basic items to use that you can't go wrong with: *A lamp * Artwork/mirror *Books * Floral/branches In addition, here are a few more accessorizing tips to get you on your way: Use items of varied heights to keep the eye moving.  Have something short, something medium, and something tall.  Use stacked books to add height if needed. Meredith Heron Layer your accessories.  Don't be afraid to let your lamp cover a portion of the artwork. via                                                                   Group differently shaped items together.  If everything is square/rectangle it just looks boring. via Add pops of color. Elle Decor Use unique items that mean something to you, such as something purchased from a tri

My Favorite Way to Hide Toys in My Family Room

We were is desperate need of something to hide toys in our family room.  In addition, I really needed something to go along the back our loveseat.  Below, is basically the view you get when you walk into our home.  I didn't want people to walk in & the first thing they see is the bare back of our loveseat. One day, I was meandering around TJ Maxx & spotted this cute storage ottoman.  Right away, I knew it needed to come home with me! It has proved to be a fantastic purchase for us!  My kids can easily get toys in & out of it.  It is also a very convenient place to sit & put your shoes on before heading out the door.  In addition, it can easily be moved around to the main sitting area if extra seating is ever needed. You KNOW you have made a good purchase when your husband has said TWICE, "Melissa, buying that ottoman was a really good idea."  Need some other ideas on how to hide toys?   Cute baskets/boxes , wall pockets (for books

Project Reveal: Church Foyer Makeover

I apologize for being a little MIA on this blog lately!  Life has been busy lately working with local clients, my family visiting, & working on our newly purchased home. Recently, I completed a project that I would like to share.  A local church hired me to help them redecorate their foyer area.  They wanted something new, fresh & modern that would go along with the existing paint, flooring, and lighting. Here are the BEFORE photos: This is what it looks like now! Custom Welcome/Reception Desk A special thanks to Palmetto Street Church of God for allowing me the privilege to help make their foyer shine! Photography by the wonderful  Liz Odom .  If you would like  help designing your home or business visit my website !