Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Toile: Love It or Hate It?

Toile...are you a fan??

toile

Toile.

Toile

toile!

I can appreciate Toile.  I like how Toile scenes tell a story, and I have seen a lot of really intriguing patterns/color combinations lately.  Generally though, it's too much on the traditional side for my personal tastes. In my own home, I probably wouldn't chose to do a whole room in Toile, but could easily handle a few pillows, a chair, or have it framed as shown in one of the above photos. 

So, what about you?  Love it, or hate it???


3 comments:

  1. I have always loved it. When done correctly it really can provide a statement piece for a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, but like you, enjoy it in small doses!
    Tiffany
    thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now I know what toile is (I know, clueless woman here) . . . it's probably not really my thing. I'm into simple, geometric things. This is pretty busy. That said, I can see potential for pillows and frames. Probably not in my house, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them!