Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My First Wreath Experiment

So, I made a wreath.  Weird.  This isn't the type of thing I usually do.  I've never made a wreath before, so I'm not sure what came over me.  Often times, the wreaths I see are cheesy and not really my thing...

...but for some reason I went to the craft store looking for supplies to make some sort of  a Thanksgiving Wreath.  I came home with a grape vine wreath, jute fabric, a silk flower, berries, and feathers.

I struggled because I didn't really like what I was coming up with as I began arranging the wreath:

Ultimately, this is what I ended up with:

 

I am actually pretty happy with it.  Do you think it could also be a Christmas Wreath?  I didn't get it put on my door until about a week ago, so I'd like to leave it up through December.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely Christmasy with the red berries. And you could change it seasonly by changing out the berries! Makes me want to try my hand at wreath making. I like how you showed the different alternatives you tried before selecting a final one as your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas for Christmas decorating ideas was searching the net and I came across your wonderful blog, congratulations and Merry Christmas from Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them!